German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
/ Intelligent Analytics for Massive Data
Ph.D. Telecommunication Engineering, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
(UPM), Madrid España (2004). Work Experience:
Senior Researcher at DFKI/IAM: German
Research Center for Artificial Intelligence / Intelligent
Analytics for Massive Data and Teaching associate at DIMA: Database Systems
and Information Management Group (currently). Researcher
at Language Technology Laboratory of the German Research center
for Artificial Inteligence (DFKI-LT),
Berlin Germany (2007-2014). Post-doc Researcher at
Spoken Language Systems (LSV) (Lehrstuhl
für Sprachsignalverarbeitung), Saarland University,
Saarbrucken Germany (2005-2007). Assistant
Professor and Research Assistant at Natural Interactive
Systems Laboratory (NISLab), University of Southern
Denmark (SDU), Odense Denmark (2001-2005).
Mining, Knowledge/Patterns Discovery in DW, Business
- Large scale Time Series (stream) processing, predictive analytics, autoregressive models, forecasting analysis, state space models
- Data mining on various kinds of data: Transaction data, Time series, Speech, Music, Text, Multimedia in general
- Frequent (Sequential) Pattern Mining on batch and stream data, Similarity Patterns on time series
- Develop applications/tutorials using open source tools like: R, Knime, Flink, Spark
- Large scale stream and batch data processing
Machine learning and pattern recognition:
- Machine learning algorithms applied to Big Data
- Developing Big Data processing use cases in the context of the projects: PLASS, SePiA.Pro, BigMedilitcs, Daystream
- Machine learning approaches for analysis/classification of speech signals (stress, cognitive load) in the context of the Nifti project.
- Parametric speech synthesis, using HMMs based on HTS and HTK for which I have developed the tutorial: HMMVoiceCreation for MARY TTS.
Speech signal processing, synthesis and recognition:
- Speech synthesis, in the context of MARY TTS (in github: marytts).